You may not consider your chimney to be an important part of your home. But it is!
Your chimney plays a vital role in the health of your fireplace and your home. A fully functioning chimney carries undesirable smoke and fumes out of your house, while allowing your fire to receive the air it needs to keep burning. Unfortunately, weather and critters can clog up your chimney and impact its ability to function properly.
That’s where chimney caps come in. Chimney caps are an important – yet often overlooked – piece of the puzzle. They keep chimneys free from debris, moisture, and critters so you can burn robust fires throughout the winter months.
What is a Chimney Cap?
A chimney cap is a metal cap or cover that is located on the top of your chimney, essentially covering the opening. They come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors to match your chimney and enhance your home’s decor. Copper chimney caps are elegant, durable and a best buy for homeowners in the greater New Orleans area because copper adds a timeless look that compliments the French and Spanish architecture traditionally found throughout the city.
Benefits of Copper Chimney Caps
Copper chimney caps have many benefits including:
● Durable & Timeless – copper chimney caps are long-lasting and cost-effective. They add a timeless European feel to your home or business and can add significant curb appeal to your home or business.
● Keep Water Out – a chimney cap can prevent water and moisture from ruining your chimney and your home. Brick and mortar chimneys will deteriorate faster when consistently wet. In addition, moisture collecting inside chimneys and fireplaces can be a breeding ground for mold and mildew.
● Stop Drafts – chimneys without chimney caps can be drafty and can allow smoke and other debris to be blown back into the home. Chimney caps can help fireplaces burn better and brighter, while being more energy efficient.
● Contain Embers & Sparks – sparks and embers are supposed to travel up your chimney. However, sometimes these sparks and embers can end up on your roof and can become a fire hazard. Chimney caps can help trap these embers and sparks and keep them from landing on your roof or nearby structures.
● Stop Critters From Invading Your Home – Animals often use chimneys to escape the cold or invade your home. Sometimes this can result in animals, such as birds or racoons, getting stuck inside the chimney and dying. A chimney cap can prevent animals from entering your home through the chimney.
● Prevent Debris Build-Up – Leaves, branches, and other debris can find its way inside of your chimney if it is exposed. A chimney cap can keep your chimney clean and prevent debris from building up inside.
Proper Chimney Cap Installation is Key
In order for homeowners and businesses in New Orleans to reap the benefits of a chimney cap, it must be installed properly. Incorrectly installed chimney caps will be useless and won’t prevent debris, moisture, or animals from getting trapped inside. As such, it is important to contact a company with extensive experience installing copper chimney caps in the greater New Orleans metro area.
Choose Copper Chimney Caps from Crescent City Copper
At Crescent City Copper, we have been installing copper chimney caps for decades. Our work can be found on homes and businesses throughout the Garden District, French Quarter, Uptown, Old Metairie, and the North Shore. To learn more about copper chimney caps or any of our copper awnings, copper gutters, copper finials or specialty products, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-877-251-5327 today.