Did you know your chimney plays a vital role in the health of your fireplace and your home?
A fully functioning chimney carries undesirable smoke and fumes out of your house, while allowing your fire to receive the oxygen it needs to keep burning.
Unfortunately, weather and critters can clog up your chimney structure and impact its ability to function properly.
That’s where chimney caps come in. Chimney caps are an important – yet often overlooked – piece of the puzzle. They keep chimneys free from debris, moisture, and critters so you can burn robust fires throughout the winter months.
What is a Chimney Cap?
A chimney cap is a metal cap located on the top of your chimney or flue, essentially covering the opening. They are also called chimney covers because they keep birds, squirrels, and other animals from building a nest inside your chimney.
They come in various shapes, sizes, and colors to match your chimney and enhance your home’s décor. Usually, materials like zinc, aluminum, galvanized steel, stainless steel, and copper create chimney caps.
Copper chimney caps are high-quality, elegant, durable, and the best buy for homeowners in the greater New Orleans area because copper adds a timeless look that compliments the French and Spanish architecture traditionally found throughout the city.
Benefits of Copper Chimney Caps
Copper chimney caps have many benefits, including:
- Beautiful, Durable & Timeless – copper chimney caps are long-lasting and cost-effective. They add a timeless European feel to your home or business and can add significant curb appeal to your home or business and can add significant curb appeal. Copper chimney caps are known for their durability. The patina turns a greyish color and prevents rusting.
- Keep Water Out – a chimney cap can prevent water and moisture from ruining your chimney and your home. Brick and mortar chimneys deteriorate faster when consistently wet. Moisture collecting inside chimneys and fireplaces can be a breeding ground for mold and mildew.
- Stop Drafts – chimneys without chimney caps can be drafty and can allow smoke and other debris to be blown back into the home. Our chimney caps can decrease the amount of downdraft and reduce the chance of creosote blockage. They also help fireplaces burn better and brighter while being more energy-efficient.
- Contain Embers & Sparks – sparks and embers are supposed to travel up your chimney. However, sometimes these sparks and embers can end up on your roof and become a fire hazard. Chimney caps can help trap these embers and sparks and keep them from landing on your roof or nearby structures.
- Stop Critters From Invading Your Home – Animals often use chimneys to escape the cold or invade your home. Sometimes this can result in animals, such as birds or raccoons, getting stuck inside the chimney and dying. A chimney cap can prevent animals from entering your home through the chimney.
Prevent Debris Build-Up – Leaves, branches, and other debris can find their way inside your chimney if exposed. A chimney cap can keep your chimney clean and prevent debris from building up inside.
Proper Chimney Cap Installation is Key
For homeowners and businesses in New Orleans to reap the benefits of a chimney cap, it must be installed properly. Incorrectly installed chimney caps will be useless and won’t prevent debris, moisture, or animals from getting trapped inside. As such, it is important to contact a company with extensive experience installing copper chimney caps in the greater New Orleans metro area.
Choose Copper Chimney Caps from Crescent City Copper
At Crescent City Copper, we have been installing copper chimney caps for decades. Our work can be found on homes and businesses throughout the Garden District, French Quarter, Uptown, Old Metairie, and the North Shore.
We also offer custom copper chimney caps, as well as single-flue chimney caps, multi-flue chimney caps, to suit your home’s needs. We manufacture copper awnings, copper gutters, copper finials, and a number of other copper sheet metal specialty products from our facilities in New Orleans, Louisiana.
We also offer custom copper chimney caps to suit your home’s needs. To learn more about copper chimney caps or any of our copper awnings, copper gutters, copper finials, or specialty products, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-877-251-5327 today.